Sunday, March 01, 2009

Review: Celeb Lines, DO or DON'T...You decide

I usually don't shoot down lines/brands, but recently I have stopped into some department stores and I have honestly been disappointed.  A couple of weeks ago, I finally stopped into Sears to check out the LL Cool J line that I had been hearing about developments for since I was at Saks...and yes, he was scoping out working with Saks I guess because P. Diddy had done the same...but, after seeing his line at Sears I really don't think that Saks would have accepted it...I think it is nice how LL developed the line wanting to share his fashion/styling with so many people...but, I don't think it really has much to it...And it is funny because he was recently on the E! network's Fashion Police show and he was sporting the clothing...I think what he should have done was stick to men's only...
Another let down...
Today, I finally ventured into JC Penney after watching Confessions of a Shopaholic and was sad about the Fabulosity line...I am very in to the show and all that Kimora is about...but, the line at JC Penney just does nothing for me...I think that urban lines really need to bring more to the style scope...It would be nice if you could actually find the items that are on the runway shows that she does...it's kind of like Heatherette...you never find the good stuff...
Target does looks for less, but there is still a variety of looks that fit a trend.
I also checked out the I (heart) Ronson line at JC Penney today and wasn't as moved as I thought I would be after all of the commercials that caught my attention...the prices are definitely nice, but besides that nothing really did it for me.
One thing I do have to share on a positive note is that I didn't know that Chip & Pepper had a line at JC Penney...the look was the tattered jeans that are in right now...the price was great, but they only came in flare and boot cut...something to check out though.