Friday, June 29, 2012

DIY: From Indian Chunni (scarf) to fabulous vest in 1 easy step

To start, what is a chunni??  A Chunni or Dupatta is a long scarf that is essential to many Indian and South Asian women's suits.  It's the perfect length I've found for a long flowing vest that can also be used as a wrap dress if you add a belt to secure the closure.  Plus, the chunni's always have beautiful colors and designs.  I will share a picture of me wearing mine soon...check back for updates...I just didn't want to miss out on sharing you how to do this for this weekend since it's so easy:)

I found the easy direction on a youtube video that takes forever to get to the point...I found a new one after searching through many that shows what to do quick and easy...because that is how easy this is!:)




Here is how the chunni's turned out on my dress form.  Don't they look so flowy and light?:):



No comments: