Thursday, June 14, 2012

The new trend in beauty: monthly sample boxes

I've become a little obsessed with the idea of receiving fun samples in the mail since signing up for Birchbox last year...which I have to admit was pretty late to sign up for this program too:)  I heard about it a while ago, but wasn't sure how I felt about monthly samples.  But, now that I get them, I'm on board and interested in trying out new ones I've heard about recently.  Thought I'd share some of the new programs I've heard about:)

Birchbox:
With birchbox, you get a themed box every month that's really fun.  From all natural products in the month of April to New York themed items to celebrate the finale of Gossip Girl.  It always changes and the products are always fun!  ONLY $10 a month!  Great gift for a year for someone you love!  Plus, you can buy all of the items you try in the monthly birchbox on the birchbox site.  And there are monthly videos to watch on youtube that are great too!

Curlbox:
I literally found out about this yesterday!  I was so excited because I'm all about trying new curly hair products!  This option costs $20 a month, but totally worth it when you think about all the product you have to actually pay for with curly hair.  There is a wait list right now, but June 16th at 2pm, there is a chance to you to get on the list.  I am marking my calendar and will be waiting an hour before hand!  Apparently she is giving it two hours to sell out!  I bet the website will go down!  We shall see.  All I know is I will be ready:)  P.S.  I LOVE their pinterest site and apparently they create a mini mag you receive with your monthly box!:)

Cravebox:
This is a cool box because they items aren't just for hair, beauty, or eco-friendly...they are products from your home to food and everything in between!  How fun!  It's only $10 to sign up for this program.  It's closed right now...but, keep checking back and sign up for their email list.

Goodebox:
I found out about this while I was in Portland, OR.  It's a Oregon based company that provides trial sized healthy, eco-sensitive, innovative & effective beauty and personal care products, and wellness goods.  This is right up my alley!  Only $16 a month, which is a steal when you consider how much eco friendly products usually range.  It's fun to learn about new products that are good for your you and your home.  You get about 6-7 products a month.  Plus, you get exclusive discounts on the products you try when you buy the full size item.  Sign me up!:)

Citrus Lane:
This is a care package for kids and their moms!  I won a package before and LOVED it!  They aren't just sample/trial size products, these are the real deal!  It's a great way to pamper yourself each month!  They offer boxes at a variety of prices and always have coupons.  I say this is a great gift for a new mom or someone who is pregnant!  Packages vary for 3 months it's $75, 6 months $125 plus a free box, and 1  year is $250 with 2 free boxes.

Which one do you think you'll sign up for?  Are there any I'm missing?

Update: Some boxes I missed that Refinery 29 just wrote about here.


1 comment:

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

Funny that you wrote this post today b/c I was searching for boxes that might be out there that I'm missing out on. I noticed you didn't have Influenster on your list. They send out boxes-- although not monthly, but often enough 100% free for you to review.
I'm on the hunt for more too!
hugs!