Sunday, November 07, 2010

My Obsession with Turbans continues and here are some DIY tips

I met a fab fashion blogger for  be vainglorious or D.I.Y. trying.  She did a piece for My Style to see how she would style a Turban and she shared the easiest apparoach I a have seen that got me excited to do it.  I went searching all over for the cotton headbands and only found nylon...which I am wondering when that trend began...And then, I finally found what I was looking for at American Apparel and it was the most affordable item they sold:)  (P.S. there are sales in the store ranging from 20-50% off.  I asked what the sale was for and they said it was the overstock items.  It is all of the stuff most people wouldn't wear...my maxi chiffon dress is still $58:)



The cotton headbands are only $4.00

I can't wait to rock the print style!  I bought a small black band because I already had a larger balck one from years ago that I bought at H&M.  I can't wait to see how long that looks.  Then, you can see I have the nylon turban I got from a hair store and I just added a vintage brooch.

No comments: