Monday, September 11, 2006

Fashionalities Review


4 Fashionalities Stars go to WICKED!!!!

The storyline, the music, the cast and the big one, the COSTUMES for the musical WICKED went above and beyond my expectations...I mean, yeah the musical was sold out in New York all the time and I always heard that people saw the show at least 3 or 4 times after their first time...now, I know why! I want to go with everyone and share this great musical with all...So, anyone who knows the story of "The Wizard of Oz", loves good music, or is a fashionista...take note, you need to see this musical as soon as possible;)

I was looking to see who the Costume Designer was (which is SUSAN HILFERTY) and I found something even more interesting...WINNIE HOLZMAN, who helped write this musical also wrote for shows and movies that I have enjoyed like: "My So-Called Life", " "Thirtysomething", and "Once and Again." Just a little something interesting I thought I would share:)

Each costume had intricate details that connected with each character during the scene...I just loved all of the looks, but check out a couple of the looks below.



Sidenote: Snaps to all attendees in Portland, Oregon. Usually theatre goers in New York wear jeans or their day attire...Portland attendees do the theatre justice and dress up for the occasion! I love it!

No comments: