Thursday, January 19, 2012

The new must-have pant according to Cheap Chicas

Ponte Knit Pant



1.  Women's Alexander Wang Ponte Knit Track Pants $450 crazy high, but thought I'd share designer version as well;)  2. Lilliana's fave!  Simply Vera Vera Wang Skinny Ponte Pants on sale for $33.60..maybe get a coupon and take a little more off:)  3.  Rachel Roy Skinny Ponte Pants $207 4.  BCBGMAXAZRIA Mason Ponte Knit Pant $118  5.  Similar to above: MICHAEL Michael Kors Petite Pants, Skinny Leg Ponte Knit $29.99  6.  The pair I think I'm getting by Gap of course:)  Gap Ponte Pant (they seem to have a variety of styles in ponte knit) $16.99

After watching the Nate Berkus show last week an item that Lilliana Vazquez of Cheap Chicas was gushing over caught my attention.  The Ponte Knit Pant.  Now she says this is an everyday pant for any lady...from home to office...it's an upgrade to the legging, but just as comfy.  I'm excited to try them out...but, wanted to ask her a few more questions and thought I'd share:)
NOTE: Here is the show that I am referring to over and over:)


*Why would you say every woman needs a pair of black ponte knit pants in their wardrobe?
IT’S A STAPLE...JUST LIKE A CLASSIC WHITE BUTTON DOWN.  THEY'RE EASY TO PAIR WITH OTHER CLASSIC ITEMS OR USE THEM TO EXPERIMENT WITH MORE FASHION FORWARD ITEMS.  I'M ALSO ALL ABOUT PIECES THAT MIX FUNCTION AND FASHION--PONTE PANTS ARE SO COMFORTABLE AND THEY CAN GO SUPER CASUAL OR DRESSED UP.  AND IN MY OPINION, THEY'RE THE PERFECT HYBRID--THE COMFORT OF A LEGGING WITH THE STYLING OF A TROUSER THANKS TO THE DOUBLE KNIT INTERLOCK FABRIC THAT MAKES THEM FIRM AND RESILIENT BUT STILL FLEXIBLE AND SOFT.
*I don't own any yet and I'm searching for the right pair.  Which brands do you recommend trying?
I REALLY LIKE SIMPLY VERA VERA WANG AT KOHLS.  HERS HAVE GREAT DETAILING (SEAMS, POCKETS), GREAT STRETCH THAT BOUNCES BACK AFTER WASHING AND THEY'RE SUPER AFFORDABLE!  OLD NAVY ALSO MAKES SOME GREAT ONES THAT HAVE A MORE MODERN FLAIR! (She got these in December…I didn’t see them online.  But, I say check out your local store.  They have huge sales going on right now and you might be able to test this new pant out for nothing:))

*How would you style the black ponte knit pant?
I LOVE A PONTE PANT WITH AN OVER SIZED SWEATER AND FLAT BOOTS IN THE WINTER.  FOR A DRESSIER LOOK AT THE OFFICE OR A NIGHT OUT THEY ALSO LOOK SUPER CUTE WITH A SILK BUTTON DOWN, A BLAZER AND HEELS!

*Please include anything about the pant I should share:)
THEY HAVE TO HAVE DETAILS LIKE SEAMS AND/OR POCKETS-- THE FABRIC SHOULD ALSO FEEL THICK AND STRUCTURED, OTHERWISE IT'S JUST A LEGGING!
 



No comments: