Monday, August 17, 2009

Cooking Wonders: American Fashion Cookbook

I am just recently coming into my own with cooking after being married for three years...I usually use vintage cook books, Martha Stewart, Rachel Ray or my family to find recipes that I can try.  Needless to say, I was floored when I read that ASSOULINE was publishing a book called, "American Fashion Cookbook."  I couldn't wait to see what type of recipes some of my favorite designers had to share.  Here are a few of my favorites that I can't wait to try:
Because I love the ingredient: 
I have to try the Goat Cheese Tarts with Arugula Salad from Andreas Melbostad (designer of Phi)...
I have fallen in LOVE with dates and there is goat cheese (just sounds divine), so this seems like an easy appetizer that I might have to replace the bacon with turkey bacon.
Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by Selima Salaun
Just because of the name...
Designer Catherine Malandrino has one I want to try, but it has anchovies~something I have never tried before...but, I am up for trying to test this out just because it is Catherine Malandrino's recipe:)
Le Panier de Crudites
Something new...
This just sounds new and exciting, Coconut Fish Chowder...I want to try this now:)  This may happen this week...
Plus, I found a great deal on AMAZON!  On Assouline the price for the book is $45, but on Amazon.com, it is $27.

1 comment:

kcookski1 said...

oh, use real bacon!