Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What I bought with the money I won from the Barely There blogger contest



Thank you to everyone who voted for me and helped me win!  I was excited to get third place considering the picture I had to submit since I was out of the country when I had to send in the pictures:)  It was still a fun contest to participate in.

I decided I would purchase something that looks cute and gives back with the $100 I won:)  I found out about a line called IX-Sandals (IX is the Mayan word for water~brilliant!)  that gives back through adorable huaraches that make it so children in Guatemala get clean drinking water.

Use code: REFINERY29 to get 25% off right now!  It helps with the $11 S&H:)




P.S. Barely There now has a project where they are giving back!  With the launch of their new line, Invisible Look, Animal Prints the company donated $25,000 to the World Wildlife Fund to help fund animal conservation efforts.  I'm excited because the company sent me a $50 Pre-Paid card that will allow me to symbolically adopt an animal of my choosing.  Will share more in another post!  It's all about giving back anyway that you can!  

No comments: