Friday, February 18, 2011

How to style a crop top


I spotted a crop top at American Eagle Outfitters yesterday (sadly, I couldn't find it online yet) and I kept myself from buying it because I wasn't sure if it was "appropriate" for a mommy.  But, when I got home I had received the Free People catalog and was so inspired and decided I could still rock one.  This cropped tank looks more like a bralette or a bustier maybe...but, I still love the idea.  It reminds me of the 50's.  So here are a couple of ideas for how to style a crop top.

1.  High waisted skirt: I have a few of these and LOVE them!  I usually wear them with tops tucked in.  But, I thought this style skirt would be perfect for a crop top.  Skin will barely show where the fabrics meet.

2.  The long tank: I saw this in the Free People catalog and they did a lot of layering...but, I thought you could keep it simple and just add the long tank for coverage, but still have the focus on the cropped top.

3.  The maxi dress: I think that this would be genius!  I am all about the maxi dress and this is a great way to make the look a little more dramatic.

4.  The high waisted pants: You could do this with high waisted jeans, but I thought it would be a little more funky with this style pant.  The belt adds the drama too.

No comments: