Sunday, January 05, 2014

Taking notes from Jenna Lyon's:)

***Jenna's tips below***

1. Don't divide your wardrobe into smart and casual, but mix them up

"For example, if you have one of our flip-hem wool skirts, you can wear it smart and flirty with a blazer and shirt and jewels and a heel. But you can also wear it dressed down, with an oversized sweatshirt and New Balance trainers."

3. Freshening up your look doesn't always have to be about buying something new

"We might have a sweater on sale for six months, and we'll shoot it in six
different ways for the catalogue, which comes out monthly. It's a
challenge, but that's where the fun is. We're all about suggesting new
ways to wear the clothes you have."

6. Mix colours in your jewellery, as well as your clothes

"Try a stack of bracelets on each wrist, and rings on both hands, in a mix
of yellow and rose-gold."

Tips via article by The Guardian 
***My take on the tips below:***
1.  I am VERY into adding sneakers and flats in unexpected ways now.  I NEVER wore sneakers outside of working out before.  But, now I'm on it:)

3.  I'm all about being inspired by Instagram, Pinterest or blogs to find new ways to style the clothes I already own.  Here are a few accounts I follow for inspiration:
*Ascot Friday keeps clothes comfy and easy going for a mom.  But, still fashion forward.  I LOVE everything she posts!  She also shares items from a variety of price points.
*Sincerely Jules has recently been on my radar on Pinterest.  I keep seeing combos like plaid pants and animal print shoes that catches my eye.
6.  I think Catbird is the epitome for how to style wearing two different metals together.  Although this is about what Jenna Lyons thinks.  Rachel Roy also believes in this styling trick for accessories.


Here Rachel gives a DIY on how to mix metals and use earrings as broaches.  A lot of amazing styling in one look:)

No comments: