Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Another Show...Glam God on VH1

When I first heard about Glam God I knew I had to check it out!  I love all things stylists since I am one as my day-to-day job:)  But, I really LOVE watching reality shows that focus on what we do since it is always inspiring of course...
The review...
I love that Jess Zaino, one of my fave celeb stylists is on the show and is still in the contest...the rest of the stylists I am not familiar with and so far, I don't really think I am amused by...we shall see if that changes...
I am not sure how Vivica is hosting (and producing---I think she should have just done the producing) the show...she doesn't seem to be much of a diva or a stylish celeb anymore either...but, oh well...she is overly dramatic and seems to love the spotlight for now...
I think that the co-host, kind of like the Tim Gunn of the show, Phillip Bloch
I asked Jess Zaino a couple of questions about being on the show and more about her...here's a bit of the interview:

Why did you decide to participate in the VH1 show Glam God?

I WANTED TO PARTICIPATE IN GLAM GOD BECAUSE IN ADDITION TO PROVING MYSELF AS A STYLIST, IT SEEMED LIKE A FUN TIME.

 

How was it working with Vivica Fox?

MISS VIV IS THE CONSUMATE PROFESSIONAL.

 

Had you ever worked with any of the stylists featured in the show prior to airing?

NO I HAD NOT.

 

Have you ever cut up a designer piece like you did on the first episode with the Vera Wang piece?

HA. I LIVE BY THE D.I.Y. CREED,  SO CUTTING THINGS UP IS PART OF MY STYLE. I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT IT BEFORE CUTTING THIS PARTICULAR VERA WANG DRESS.

 

How has it been being on the Style Network and also on various programs like VH1, and where do you plan on being featured next?

I LOVE TO EXPRESS MYSELF THROUGH FASHION, ART AND UNIQUE LIVING; IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT MY MEDIUM IS TELEVISION. NEXT UP, I AM LAUNCHING AN ACCESSSORY COLLECTION, PUBLIGHING A STYLE BOOK IN 2009 AND HOPEFULLY BOOKING MORE TEEVEE GIGS.

 

What do you think of the following fashion focused reality shows:

America's Next Top Model

LOVE THE HEART AND SOUL OF THE WANNA BE MODELS

 

Project Runway

LOVE THE DESIGNS AND INNOVATIONS OF THE COMPETITORS

 

Rachel Zoe Project

SHE SURPRISINGLY REAL

 

What are your tips for fashionistas this fall as far as trends and deals go?

IT’S ALL DRIPPING WITH DARK COLORS: RICH PLUMS, GRAY AND BLACK. GET YOURSELF A VAMP NAILPOLISH AND BURBERRY SLIPONS.

 

Where can we expect to see you next?

I'M LOOKING FOR  NEW FRIENDS AT: http://www.famousvh1friends.com/personality/7 4744/jess-zaino.

No comments: